I never thought I would ever be nominated for anything, but to my surprise, I was nominated by the amazing bloggers at Who Do I Do. I am extremely honored by this and can’t even begin to explain all of my emotions. The incredible couple behind Who Do I Do travel the world together and share where they have eaten, their travel moments, and tips. If I were you, I would go and check them out after you read this.
You may be asking, “Leslie, what is a Blogger Recognition Award?” Well my friends, the Blogger Recognition Award is given to bloggers by bloggers who appreciate the hard work, dedication and vast amount of hours we all put into each and every post, as well as keeping the website current and updated. So just to be nominated is humbling for me and makes me want to work harder to put out good content for you.
How My Blog Got Started
Well, this blog had gone through two different changes before becoming Traveling Curiosity. I barely touched my two original ideas to the point where I can’t even remember the name of them. I know for my second attempt, it was to try and get myself to study Korean intensively to pass the TOPIK exam. But, the blog died and I somehow ended up back in Korea. So, I decided to resurrect my blog, figure out my concept, and I proceeded to change the name to what it is now.
I figured that if I were to have a blog that I wanted to be dedicated to, I needed to do more than just talk about my life as an expat in Korea so my family and friends would know what I was doing. I wanted to share the things I was passionate about, because I have a variety of interests. That is how I got the name Traveling Curiosity. My curiosity travels through places, through books, films, food, culture, languages, etc. I hope through my blog that anyone can find something they like and can learn from it or discover something new.
Two pieces of advice for new bloggers:
- Stay committed. Don’t give up. Ever! And be patient. Sometimes the journey may be frustrating or difficult. You may have to step away for a week or two, but never give up creating and putting out content. In the end, if one person reads and likes your post, you are doing something right and are doing great. Don’t worry about the numbers in the beginning, because they will come.
- Write about the things that interest you and things you are passionate about. It doesn’t make sense to write about things that you don’t particularly like just to reach an audience. You want to be true to your readers. If you enjoy something, they will enjoy it with you. You will also find a community of people who share your interests.
My Nominees for the Bloggers Recognition Award:
Bess’s Bit of Treasure
Five Sixteenths Blog
Girl, in progress
Paige Minds The Gap
Kelly Seeks World
The Girl Next Door
the Confessions of a Wanderer
A Writer’s Workshop
The Travel Tech’s Wife
The Curious Guy
The Tasty Traveler
Everyone should definitely check out these amazing blogs!
Now, that I have given my 15 nominees, here are The Blogger Recognition Award Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
Posted in: Personal