A wonderful fellow blogger has just nominated me for the Liebster Award!
My blog has been nominated for the Liebster Award by my friend, Paige, at Paige Minds the Gap! The Liebster Award is an award given from blogger to blogger that helps spread the the blogging love. Liebster is a German word that translates to “dearest,” so check out make sure you check out Paige’s blog and the other blogs at the end of this post!
The rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and answer their 11 questions
- Nominate 11 other bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Let your nominees know that you’ve nominated them
So let’s get started! Here are the questions Paige asked:
1.How and when did you start blogging?
I originally started five years ago, but never fully stuck with it. I originally started it to document and share my process studying for the Korean language proficiency exam, TOPIC, but I had soon forgotten all about my blog. In 2016, before I left to go teach in Korea, I decided to revisit my blog, change the name, and start over.
2. What’s the first big trip you remember taking?
The first big trip that I ever remember taking was when I was a kid traveling to California with my family for a family reunion. The farthest we had ever gone was Jersey, Arkansas to visit my grandparents, Wichita, Kansas to visit my mother’s eldest brother and his family, and Chicago, Illinois to visit my mother’s father’s family. All trips taking about five hours. It took us two days, with a stop in Arizona, to get to L.A. I remember it taking forever to get there, but I also fell in love with the city and my love of traveling started then.
3. What’s your dream travel destination and why?
I don’t have a dream travel destination yet. Mainly because there is so much in the world to see and discover. I would like to, however, travel to every place that makes up my DNA. I took a 23andme DNA test with one of my best friends and we are impatiently and excitedly waiting for our results.
4. What is your most and least favorite thing about blogging?
My favorite thing about blogging is having a writing outlet and being able to be open. My least favorite thing about blogging is the stress that comes with figuring out what to write about next.
5. What’s your favorite travel photo you’ve taken?
6. Do you travel with physical books or digital books?
I travel with physical books. Nothing beats feeling the pages between my fingers. I’m also weird and love the smell of books.
7. How do you promote your blog?
I promote my blog through Instagram and Facebook. I am wanting to figure out Twitter and start sharing there as well.
8. Do you prefer to travel solo or with others?
I honestly prefer to travel with others, because it makes the trip more memorable. Also, I am shy and have anxiety, so being with someone else helps brings out my adventurous side and keep me calm.
9. What do you like to collect from your travels?
I never really thought about collecting things from my travels, but I have noticed that I would buy something practical that I can use or wear. So from each country I have visited, I either have a piece of clothing, music CD, and/or book.
10. Which place that you’ve traveled to has had the best food?
Korea by far has the best food. Their barbecue is spot on. I sadly can’t eat Korean bbq anymore, but I am so happy I got to experience it.
11. What’s your next trip?
My next trip is to Hawaii and New Zealand at the beginning of July. I shall be in Hawaii for a week and New Zealand until December. I am so stoked!
Here are my questions for my nominees:
- Why did you start blogging?
- What’s your fondest memory?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- Who is your role model?
- What is one goal you want to accomplish this year?
- What is your favorite book or movie and why?
- What advice do you have for those who want to start a blog?
- As a blogger, what is your favorite thing to share?
- What is your favorite quote?
- How do you see yourself in the next 5 years?
- What’s your biggest pet peeve?
My nominees are…
- Bess’s Bit of Treasure
- Reckless, But Lucky
- Nerd’s Eye View
- The Curious Guy
- A Mindful Traveller
- Stewie Overseas
- Louise’s World Travels
- Wanderlust Princess
- Wandering with Whit
Thanks again to Paige for nominating me! Don’t forget to check out all of these wonderful blogs, and have a great New Year!